Survivors
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A massive deadly virus sweaped over earth living only one percent of the population intact. Can the remaining survivors rebuild?

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» One Call Away
A Dead Road ((updated May 1 2012 )) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 26, 2017 11:18 am by Dorian Leventhal

» Turning Over a New Leaf
A Dead Road ((updated May 1 2012 )) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 26, 2017 11:17 am by Dorian Leventhal

» New Alliances, Old Plans
A Dead Road ((updated May 1 2012 )) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 11, 2016 10:24 pm by Madison Isaac

» The March North
A Dead Road ((updated May 1 2012 )) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 15, 2016 7:55 am by Dorian Leventhal

» Emma Frost WIP
A Dead Road ((updated May 1 2012 )) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 09, 2016 12:45 am by Madison Isaac

» Character Backburner
A Dead Road ((updated May 1 2012 )) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 08, 2016 9:20 pm by Madison Isaac

» Game of Thrones Lore and Locations
A Dead Road ((updated May 1 2012 )) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 02, 2016 9:00 pm by Madison Isaac

» Family Reunion
A Dead Road ((updated May 1 2012 )) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 02, 2016 8:23 pm by Dorian Leventhal

» Devon Blackmere WIP
A Dead Road ((updated May 1 2012 )) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 27, 2016 1:02 am by Madison Isaac

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Affiliates
free forum

Free Search Engine Submission
Free Search Engine Submission
RolePlayGateway Potter's Army
Social bookmarking
Social bookmarking reddit      

Bookmark and share the address of Survivors on your social bookmarking website

A Dead Road ((updated May 1 2012 ))

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Madison Isaac
Admin
Madison Isaac

A Dead Road ((updated May 1 2012 )) - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Dead Road ((updated May 1 2012 ))   A Dead Road ((updated May 1 2012 )) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat May 02, 2015 8:13 am

Maddie smiled at Emily "Yeah he is okay, I think he had a nightmare is all, he will be here in a moment, not to worry" she said lightly and not a moment later she heard Aaron knock at the door. She smiled slightly and gave an amused to look to Emily. "Nah come on in, the girl stuff can wait" she replied in kind.

She knew he was trying to make up for giving them a fright, at least that is what it certianly felt like he was doing and admired him for it.
Back to top Go down
https://survivorsofearth.rpg-board.net
Dorian Leventhal

PostSubject: Re: A Dead Road ((updated May 1 2012 ))   A Dead Road ((updated May 1 2012 )) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat May 02, 2015 10:34 am

Emily giggled at her father's comment, and outright laughed at the look of amusement Maddie gave her. The laugh made her cough a few times but it was worth it. It had been so long, it seemed, since there was anything to laugh about.

Aaron walked in, smiling a little at the amused reply from Maddie... but outright grinned when Emily laughed. A little humor was much needed after everything. Aaron made his way over and sat on the edge of his daughter's bed, opposite Maddie. "So, the fever's finally on it's way out, right? Is there anything more that needs to or can be done... or do we wait a few minutes and then tickle the rest of it out of her?" he asked, reaching over to ruffle Emily's hair.

Emily, who thought he was reaching over to tickle, shrieked as much of a laugh as she could while gently batting his hand away. Her voice was hoarse from the previous coughing fit, but the girl didn't care.
Back to top Go down
Madison Isaac
Admin
Madison Isaac

PostSubject: Re: A Dead Road ((updated May 1 2012 ))   A Dead Road ((updated May 1 2012 )) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat May 02, 2015 3:57 pm

Maddie laughed lightly as well, the effect a real laugh had was almost magical it seemed, There was now hope when at first there wasn't any. "There is something more that can be done, however I would still recommend a tickle, best medicine for the soul there is you know" she said as she smiled at both of them and tickled Emily's foot for a moment.

"As for the something more, I found some medicine while you two were sleeping that could help immensely. I.V. bags that are filled with a fluid that was normally used on malnourished children. With you not being able to eat anything sweetie this medicine could give you the boost your body needs to really beat this, it will help with dehydration and put some nutrients back in your blood without making your stomach upset.." she looked at Aaron, she was confident it would help, Emily's fever was breaking on its own after all, she believed the little girls system just needed a little extra help. There was no risk to Emily in the treatment and there was nothing to loose in trying it.
Back to top Go down
Dorian Leventhal

PostSubject: Re: A Dead Road ((updated May 1 2012 ))   A Dead Road ((updated May 1 2012 )) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon May 11, 2015 1:22 am

Aaron snickered, and reached to tickle Emily at the same time Maddie did. Emily shrieked a giggle - one that sounded harsh on the little girl's throat - and batted away the tickling fingers.

The former professor couldn't remember when or even if Emily had ever been admitted to the hospital with something so serious as to require an I. V. bag. Considering what the solution would do for Emily, Aaron thought it was their best course of action. At the same time, he was concerned the size of the needle might frighten Emily. The girl had already been through a lot. On the other hand, the medicine could knock this illness out of Emily for good now that the fever was starting to break. Aaron gave Maddie a small nod to demonstrate his approval.

Emily listened, glancing back and forth between her father and Maddie to see what each thought about the medicine. Her father's quiet pensiveness was nothing new to her, and the small nod was not lost on her. Emily's face scrunched and twisted at its creases with utter confusion at what an I. V. bag was. The little girl bit her lip. "Does it taste bad, like cold medicine?" she asked.
Back to top Go down
Madison Isaac
Admin
Madison Isaac

PostSubject: Re: A Dead Road ((updated May 1 2012 ))   A Dead Road ((updated May 1 2012 )) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon May 11, 2015 12:09 pm

Maddie smiled slightly at the innocence of her question and it saddened that she had to explain the truth of it.. She glanced at Aaron before taking a breath and slipping back into doctor mode and looking at Emily.

"You don't drink it honey.. This is a type of medicine that uses an needle. How do you feel about needles Emily?" she asked gently. If she was scared of them they would take slow and gentle, and do whatever it took to keep Emily calm.
Back to top Go down
Dorian Leventhal

PostSubject: Re: A Dead Road ((updated May 1 2012 ))   A Dead Road ((updated May 1 2012 )) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat May 16, 2015 1:34 pm

Aaron caught Maddie's glance at him. He had a feeling he could predict the outcome of this conversation, and gave her a slight nod. Emily hadn't been able to keep much down on her own... surely the nutrition boost would only do his daughter good in the grand scheme of things.

Emily's eyes widened to the size of bottle caps the moment the word 'needle' was out of Maddie's mouth. Her skin went paler than it already was, if such a thing was possible. The little girl swallowed and looked to her father... he seemed just as assured this would help as Maddie was. Little blue eyes slowly made their way back to the doctor. "I-I'm scared of needles..."

Aaron patted Emily's hand. "It'll be alright, Emmy... We won't let anything bad happen to you."
Back to top Go down
Madison Isaac
Admin
Madison Isaac

PostSubject: Re: A Dead Road ((updated May 1 2012 ))   A Dead Road ((updated May 1 2012 )) - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun May 17, 2015 12:15 pm

Maddie gave Emily a gentle look, she had come across so many kids with that exact same look before all this and could perfectly understand why they were so scary. They hurt, and no child wanted pain or have stuff poked into them.. Sometime ever their bodies reacted badly to the it and they passed out in her office. They were fine after of course but the mere thought of getting a needle terrified them.

"I will let you know a secret Sweetie" she said in a hushed tone to the little girl. "When I was little I was scared of needles to. Even made me pass out.. I couldn't stand them, so I understand the whole thought of them makes ya squirmy" she admitted to this day she still wasn't a fan of injections even though she knew more then anyone how useful they were with medicine.

"You have been really brave though all of this Emily, I need you to be brave just a little longer okay? I believe they will help you feel a lot better, give you that little extra help to get over all this sickie ness. I promise to try my best to help so it doesn't hurt" She said with a small smile.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Dead Road ((updated May 1 2012 ))   A Dead Road ((updated May 1 2012 )) - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A Dead Road ((updated May 1 2012 ))
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Survivors :: The World :: Canada :: Vancouver, BC-
Jump to: